Friday 29 September 2006

Gawwwww. I'm all restless, and it's all because I'm really inspired! I WANT to get on with things! Lorna drew my attention to this wonderful site this evening, which in turn led to other fabulous sites. I also have some fabby ideas for my website up-date and just WANT TO GET ON! Hurrah! I rarely feel so inspired to just "do", so I MUST not let this pass me by and drift into laziness.

Part of my problem with just "doing" has been my unwillingness to make mistakes. That something can just be an experiment and no one else has to see it. Lovely Mark has been very good at encouraging me with this, and I'm slowly getting over it.

About two months ago I bought a pack of three mini Moleskine sketchbooks, like these in the lovely parcel-paper brown. I've done nothing with them, depsite carrying one about in my bag most days, and even taking it up with me to Edinburgh. I'm going to use them for "stuff". Just because I'm an illustrator, it doesn't mean I can just collect or collage things. Who knows where it will lead? In fact, just thinking about this has made me think about the possibilities of combining my inky dogs with scanned found textures or other bits and bobs.

Really excited.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh...sorry bout the last one :)

Anyway. WOW!!!!! I WANT ONE OF THOSE RECYCLED-PAPER MABOBBY NOTEBOOKS!!!!! SOOOOOOOOO COOOL!!!!

Yes...anyway...

natural attrill said...

Hello!
I think your dogs would look great with scanned texture.
Penny.