Wednesday 6 September 2006

Well, after two really rather lazy weeks, I've finally got back to the Eeries.

Here is the WLC in black and white:








I am totally in love with black and white at the moment. Can't get enough. Very strange as I've never, ever done any. That must be why - the draw of the new! I've always envisaged the WLC - and all the Eeries illos - in B&W. If it's ever published they would be in B&W, so I'm finding it really hard to approach them in colour, especially as a group. I think the singular Mrs. B-S works well, but putting all that colour together........hmmmmmm.

So, to try and get my head around it I've been having a quick play about with laying thin colours underneath in PhotoShop. I really don't want to lose the lovely textures in the black, and this is the only way I can think of doing it. The idea is that it looks like an old, hand-tinted photograph.




















Not bad for a first attempt.

Both Kingfisher and Hodder have turned down the Eeries, so I'm meeting up with Mark to go through the text on the 19th. That also gives me a definite deadline for the portfolio pieces. Should get my bum in gear, at least!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emma,

Have you written The Eeries?
Love your WLC illustration. Fingers crossed that you get it published!
Lucy x

About Chichi Parish said...

Fabulous
Simply fab, Emm@