Monday 9 October 2006

I've spent the last week updating and re-jigging my website, only to go and upload it today and find a lovely "page cannot be found" message. Apparently my DNS is pointing the wrong way. Oh, of course. How silly of me not to realise. I've switched over my DNS, but now have to wait 24-48 hours for it to come into effect before I can even see if the site is OK! The tone of the email from the web hosting support team was slightly patronising and annoyed me, as did the fact that the guy, "Jonny", I was talking to wasn't one to use five words when one will do. Not everyone is an internet genius, mate. But never mind, it's sorted. I hope.

Went out for a gorgeous walk yesterday afternoon. The weather was glorious. We took the train two stops to Falmer and had a lovely wander around Stanmer Park and a cup of tea and a scone in the village tea room. I picked up loads of beautiful autumn leaves that I'm going to put in a sketchbook of "red things". I really like the idea of making little documented collections. The leaves really are stunning. I think I'll get out the watercolours and have a go at trying to mimic the colours.

We came back and I made delicious - even if I do say so myself! - braised lamb shank with leeks and mashed potato. I got the receipe idea from Pie by Andrea Boggiano, one of the five books I've bought recently! (There's nothing quite so cheering as the postie delivering a nice big package of books.) A gorgeous book with beautiful photographs and design, plus it mentions Brighton's own Pokeno Pies. I didn't have a big enough pie dish to make the lamb into a pie, so just served them as is. Autumn food. Love it. Can't wait for it to get colder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wahey!! So THAT'S why you're website wouldn't work yesterday in registration (ROAs are VERY boring things. And anyway, I've finished mine :D)!! And um...yes. We have that PIE book in the library at school...yes...

Mwahaha...everyone is hatching on to the collecting-interesting-pretty-stuff-and-putting-in-a-book thing...mwahahaha....mwhahahahahahahahahaha }:D

Ugh...so full of pasta...goodbye.