Thursday 29 March 2007

I suddenly find myself without agent and without any immediate work prospects. I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, it's like an enormous weight has been lifted from my shoulders. On the other, I panic that he was the only person who gave me a job when he worked as an AD, so if he doesn't like me, who will?

I can't be that upset about it. Today is the first day in about a week I haven't burst into floods of tears. There are many things I feel angry about at the moment. I have so many friends that have been messed about by agents/publishers/any other companies that it makes me wonder if it's all worth it. I've decided, though, to take an illustration break for a month or two and see what happens. If something creative worms its way out of me, then fine, but I'm not going to sit at my desk for hours on end willing something to come that just won't. Time to spend in the garden, on the house and on my crafting plans, I think.

3 comments:

Gretel said...

Oh Emma, sounds like you're where I was last week. Have a lovely weekend and don't even think about the 'I' word. It's not the be all and end all, although it sometimes feels like it.

Gretel said...

I just realised that 'I' looks as if I mean 'I' in the referring to ones' self way, I of course meant 'Illustration'.

Pendant alert.

Anonymous said...

i think PG might mean pedant :-)