Wednesday 14 April 2010

Sneaky Peaky...

This aftenoon I have managed to finish my piece for the Open House, get it sent to the printers and make up some postcards of it. Phew! I've been faffing around with it for ages, liking the background but not the main character. I've been drawing and re-drawing, nothing looked right. And then you get that weird thing where it just PINGS! in your brain and there it is on the paper. Easy peasy.

Anyway, here's a little peak at part of the finished thing:

littlealice

It should only take 48 hours for the printers to complete my order. I've had seven Giclees done (a first for me!) so I hope they look good. One will be framed and on the wall, and then the other six will be in cardboard tubes ready to buy along with some screenprints and postcards. I've got to get it all to Jubilee Library next Sunday morning at 10am, and so far I have no idea how I'm going to get it all down there by myself! Will probably get a taxi or hire a car or something.

In other news, we had a great BCG session making paper cranes this week. I'll post some photos soon and there'll be a write-up over on the BCG blog. We may also have a venue for evening craft activities that anyone can come along to! Woo! Watch this space...

No comments: