Thursday 13 May 2010

Work I'm Loving Right Now

You may have noticed that I've become a little bit obsessed with embroidery recently. In fact, I've just got hold of a few more Sublime Stitching pattern kits, but those babies are going to have to wait. I came across the most beautiful work on Flickr today that encompasses illustration, embroidery and storytelling; all of which just so happen to be some of my favourite things of all time.


This lovely, lovely stuff is by Penny Leaver Green and you can find more of her work on her Flickr pages here, her website here, her etsy shop here (WANT!), and even more wonderful stitchery in the Feeling Stitchy Embroidery Flickr Group here, which is where I came across Penny's gorgeous work in the first place.

I'm finding her work uber-inspiring at the moment. I want to develop a way of working that incorporates illustration  - in particular my print making - and stitching. I'm not sure that it would be for my commercial/published work, but more for my personal, crafty, Folksy shop-type work. Something like this here or here would be awesome. Watch this space...

No comments: