Thursday 6 May 2010

Yesterday I blogged about the cake I made Sam for her birthday, but there were two other things I whipped up for her as well.

Check this baby out!:

apron


Sam reckons she looks like a "punk rock housewife" when she wears it. Awesome! I'm not modelling it quite as stylishly as she would, but I'm really quite pleased with how it came out. My bias-binding technique round the corners leaves a bit to be desired, but I think the silky yellowness of the stuff overcomes all faults! I couldn't find a pattern I really liked, so I kind of combined two from my fave apron book, "A is for Apron", and added in my own waistband. The ties are nice and thick near the waist so they make a lovely, fat bow.

The other crafty gift was this fascinator/hairband:

leopardband

I got a ready-made, plastic hairband and added this fab leopard print bow to it. The bow is on a loop so you can move it up or down the band, or even remove it and add it to a pin or clip to wear it totally differently. I took step-by-step photos of the process, so I may put up a tutorial on here or on the BCG blog.

I have today free, which is lovely. I've been out and about doing the shopping and the like this morning, and got home to find new nail varnishes, an ink cartridge for my printer, a magazine and my new postcards waiting for me. I'm very chuffed with the postcards - which are Balthazar ones - as I only ordered them on Monday night. And they were printed in Belgium. Crazy fast. I sent out a whole batch of Fantastic Mr. Fox cards this week, so I think I'll wait a couple of weeks before I send out another. It gives me time to research some new possibilities and avenues to try.

balcards1

balcards3

Looking fab. I do love a plain, white background. They're the oversized cards I usually plump for; they grab the eye more, I think.

But before all that, I'm off to vote and then go for a free swim this afternoon (I've had my new swimming costume for two months now, it's about time I used it), and I may treat myself to a cup of tea and a read of my new mag while I'm out. Woo!

No comments: