Thursday 24 June 2010

Second Go With a Wacom

Thank you so much to all those who have offered Wacom advice; I'm going to be taking you all up on it over the next few weeks! I went to bed last night with mind buzzing in a "Hmm, not sure about this, think it's going to make things harder not easier" kind of way, but tonight I'm more positive. I decided to try tracing my Mary, Mary rough from the other day (as that's pretty much the kind of thing I want to do with it, anyway, in the hope that it'll cut out the print-out-rough-ink-it-over-scan-it-back-in middle man). Here are the results:

The line:
marywacom1


And quickly coloured in:
marywacom2


I'm getting the hang of it, I think. There's so much to play with, like pen pressure and tilt and all sorts. It's making my finger hurt a bit at the moment from pressing down so hard to get variations in the line! But I'm persevering.

No comments: