Sunday 12 September 2010

Zipperdeedoodah

Another project to share. After umm-ing and ahh-ing for weeks about what to get, I finally decided to make a set of three different sized zippy pouches for my friend Sally (the one who's off on the year-long round-the-world trip who we are not jealous of at all) for her leaving present. I thought they'd be small and light and practical at the same time:

purses2

purple1

retro flowers1

teapots1

The fabrics are either from my stash, or ones lovely people gave me for my birthday. I think all of them came from the fabulous Fabric Rehab. I think I'm finally happy with the outcome of these. The best tutorial I've found is this one (although obviously I miss out the clear pocket part), and I use fusible interfacing ironed on to the reverse of the outer fabric, and a heavy weight sew-in interfacing sandwiched between the outer and inner fabrics. Nice and sturdy without being too thick and cumbersome. LOVE these. Think many a Crimbo present may have one of these in there somewhere this year.

No comments: