Monday 24 January 2011

Monday Meander #3

I miss blogging a little something from a series every Monday, like I did last year with my weekly calendar pages. I realised yesterday that I posted a picture of the seafront from the past two Mondays, so maybe I could carry that on as a new project. I'm loosely calling it "Monday Meander" so it can encompass wherever I might walk on a Monday, not necessarily the seafront. Today, however, the seafront it was. I was so engrossed in my roughs and listening to "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett on audiobook that I looked up at 3.50pm and realised I'd better get a move on or there wouldn't be any light left to take a photo in.

sunset jan 24th 2011 410pm

The orange caught my eye straight away; I almost ran down to the prom to catch it. The photo doesn't do it justice, but the orange was so, well, orange, that it rendered me speechless, a feat in itself. It was taken at 4.10pm, quite early for such spectacular colour, I thought. A brisk walk along the prom later, a quick trip to Tesco for milk, and I'm back at my desk with a pot of tea and an evening's enjoyable work in front of me.

sunset 3

No comments: