Wednesday 31 August 2011

Birthday Ice Cream

It was my birthday last Wednesday, and Husband took me to Fortnum and Mason's Parlour for a posh ice cream and a cuppa:

beekeeper1

beekeeper2

This was my sundae above, The Beekeeper. Ginger, praline and vanilla ice creams with honey drizzled all over and enough honeycomb sprinkled through the lot to glue my teeth together. Gawjus. The scoops were enormous and it took me about 40 minutes to eat it, and by gum was I going to eat every last spoonful even if it took me all evening.

hubbo

Husband's monster of a sundae was The Chocolossus, basically chocolate, chocolate with a bit more chocolate on top, a load of cream and an alcoholic chocolate sauce. He also went for an lemonade float topped with lemon sorbet, which was da bomb.

silver teapot

Earl Grey in a proper (and bloody heavy) silver tea pot. I'm rapidly going off EG tea; this one was not bad, but not a patch on Metrodeco's Shades of Grey, the Best Tea in the World EVAH. Yeah, that's my review at the bottom there.

lemon sorbet float


cup

chocolossus1

After the ice cream pig-out, I discovered that you had to walk through the Christmas department to get to the toilets. Well, I had to have a look, didn't I? We're still in August, people.

baubles1

pig

wreaths

I'll just post these three as it is just a tad too early still, right? Plus the combo of my phone camera and fairy lights makes for a blurry picture. After F&M, there was a leisurely stroll up to Leicester Square to the Wyndhams Theatre to see DAVID TENNANT in Much Ado About Nothing, which was just simply brilliant. I haven't laughed so much in ages. I haven't been a theatre critic since my A Level Theatre Studies days, so check out some other reviews here along with photos of the production.

So, I finished the roughs last night and have an unexpected day off today. I've just braved Asda to stock up my poor, neglected food cupboards, and I'm going to sew for the rest of the day. I'm going to tackle my first ever blouse, so wish me luck. Photos to follow!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Those ice creams really are HUGE. Also, I'm thinking it was intentional, but either way, it's damn cool that it looks like Jamie's giraffes are also eyeballing the sundae :D And CHRISTMAS??!!!! Crazy.