Thursday 20 October 2011

Blackberry Cheesecake

I promised Hubbo I'd make him a cheesecake for his birthday. I also promised a lamb stew, but as it was near to 30 degrees that first weekend in October (!!) it was a bit too hot for both. So, the following weekend he got his cheesecake:

blackberry cheesecake

It came out really well. It was only my second ever attempt at making one and it came out much better than my first. It has Ginger Nut base, a lightly lemon flavoured cheese, and blackberry sauce. Tip blackberries over the top at will. A great tip I picked up on the BBC Good Food website was to allow the cheesecake to cool inside the oven after turning it off, rather than whipping it out and letting it cool on the counter. This prevents the surface cracking. Genius.

1 comment:

pie said...

Oh GOD that looks good!