Tuesday 31 January 2012

Nigh on the End

Hurrah! A whole month of blogging accomplished. I'm not sure why I like to blog every day in January; it's just a bit of a tradition now. Maybe it's because I like to keep my brain busy on interesting things in that dull and quiet month after the rush of Christmas. Who knows? Anyhoo, January is just about over and February is about to begin. It's finally feeling like winter outside; some snow would be FANTASTIC. The weather forecast says we might be in for a bit tonight. I hope we can get a few flakes before the cold snap is over; I love me some snow. Then, maybe, I can get my red duffel coat out, which I bought in the sale in the summer and have only been able to wear three times.

This is just the right weather for snuggling down, which can only be a good thing when I'm just about to start a new project. I should be getting the details for it tomorrow, by the end of the week for sure. Exciting! As much as I have liked having a quieter January, it will be nice to get scribbling again. I've been working on ideas for new prints for the Open House in May, and for a quick Gocco print inspired by Steph and her Ladies in Monochrome. Hopefully I can share those soon.

Speaking of prints, I came across the lovely screenprints of Lara Harwood this morning. Isn't this horse just lovely?:


Her design work is gorgeous, too:


A nice mix of print making and watercolour. Do go check out her site.

Right, I'm off to work on print ideas of my own!

No comments: