Wednesday 4 January 2012

Year Long Exposure


How beautiful is this photo? It was created by Michael Chrisman, Canadian freelance editorial and art photographer, and is of the Toronto skyline. You should be able to click to embiggen it. There's a lovely article written by Jim Rankin of thestar.com all about Michael's photo and his process here, but I just want to put my favourite paragraph down here as it sums it up so beautifully:

"Think of it as a time-lapse painting. The physical progress of the sun leaves a streak that shifts minutely each day. The daily on and off of building lights leaves only light, not dark. Once exposed, there is no way to undo it."

Lovely. It's inspiring me to get my Fisheye camera out and maybe even my SLR. As long as I remember to take the lens cap off, right?

**I've just seen that Michael Chrisman is on Twitter here and is selling prints of the photo in an Etsy shop here. Might just have to get me one when I get paid.

No comments: