Wednesday 30 May 2012

Beyond Awesome

Just beyond awesome

On Monday, I went up to Oxford to see the lovely peeps at OUP and have a celebratory lunch to mark the publishing of the project I worked on all last year. They had some HUGE teachers' packs there to view, which I hadn't seen yet, with the most amazing A3-ish sized picture cards of my stuff in them. They look just wonderful, if I do say so myself; the print quality is just lovely. I also got to meet one of the other illustrators, Ian Cunliffe, who was very nice and had drawn some great, "cute" versions of my characters in some of the other packs. I'll put photos of those up as soon as I get my copies through.

The lunch itself was a very nice cold buffet with the most impressive cupcakes EVAH for pudding. I mean, people, my work is on cake. CAKE!!! Apparently, they got the rice paper characters printed online. I'm going to have to find this site and get some stuff printed myself. Maybe here? Either that, or buy one of these.

1 comment:

Catherine Hayward said...

I'm very behind on reading peoples blogs, sorry...

But wow, your illos on cakes! They look great. This is destiny I think. Twas always meant to be...hmmm...