Thursday 21 June 2012

All Done!

My new promo card is done. Here's a sneaky peak:

James for blog

I've got James on top of his giant peach hooking up the seagulls ready for take off while Grasshopper, Ladybird and Earthworm cheer him on. On the back, in black and white, I have the peach flying over New York, along with all my contact details. I've gone for extra fancy, extra glossy, extra thick card this time, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they print up. They should be here within 14 days - probably sooner knowing good, old Vistaprint. I bought 200 2nd class stamps before the prices went up at the end of April, which I'm smugly happy about, so they can be sent out as soon as they are delivered. Woo! Bring me some work, babies!

It seemed to take an awfully long time to produce, considering what a small image it is, but, then, I always tend to try out new approaches on my cards. This time, I went a bit old skool and actually painted the peach. PAINTED. With real watercolour. On ACTUAL paper. Yeah, I knowz. I'd forgotten how long it takes watercolour to dry, it's not like this 'ere digi watercolour, you know.

So, now the new promo card is done, I can get on with updating my lovely accounts and getting my tax return submitted. Fun times ahead!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Ohhh - a sneaky little look. Hope to see it in full soon. Fingers crossed for when you send it out. :)