Friday 22 June 2012

And So It Begins...

Yes, I have got to that stage in my life where I NEED GLASSES. I'm not sure how I feel about this; when I was little I used to cross my fingers and hope the optician would say I needed glasses, but she never did. But now here they are. They're only for distance - driving and the like - and I only have a very mild prescription with my right eye being weaker than my left, but, still, spex. On my face. Heck, yeah.

I took advantage of Specsaver's BOGOF deal and got a pair of sunglasses, too. Rock on:

specs1

specs2

It really is weird how much of a difference they make. My eyes have been sloooowly changing over the last 18 months or so, not helped, I imagine, by all my Crohn's-related eye problems last year, but it wasn't until I tried on Steph's glasses for a laff a couple of weeks ago and could actually see stuff across the road in sharp detail that I went "blinkin' eck!" and took myself off to the optician's smartish. I just thought I had tired eyes all the time. No, turns out I'm just getting ancient.

1 comment:

Catherine Hayward said...

It can't possssssibly be age-related long-sightedness! Nope. Can't be. Cos you are practically the same age as me, and we are both incredibly young, are we not?! Hm?

I reckon maybe you've always been long-sighted and just never knew...