Wednesday 27 June 2012

Now With Squares

Annnd this the other cushion I made, this time for Lovely Sam's brithday, which was the end of April. Ahem. Ahem. Ahem. I only have the two photos, it seems; one at the point where I pinned all the top layers together in readiness for quilting, the other finished but not yet on the cushion pad. I was pretty certain that I had a couple more, particularly of the finished item ready to go, but apparently not. I discovered a quick way of deleting old gubbins from my phone recently, and I suspect the poor babies got chucked out with the bath water in my enthusiasm. Anyhoo, here it is:

sams cushion2

sams cushion1

This one, following hot on the heels of yesterday's, was inspired by the same process, but using log cabin squares. A few of my knitting mates and I had been doing a quilting bee and Lovely Annie asked for a wonky log cabin square using purples, pinks, blues for hers. I liked doing that so much I thought I'd make four similar squares and put them together to make a big one for the front of this bad boy. I quilted it in a spiral again as I just LOVE that effect and it's quite free and easy, although takes forever and a whole load of thread to accomplish!

The back has an envelope opening, one half orange, the other purple with a fat, orange button (hiding a popper because button holes scare me) for a closure.

I do like me a bit o'patchwork. I have plans for a blanket just using simple, pre-cut charm squares, but that doesn't seem to have materialised (ho!) yet. Maybe over the summer.....?

No comments: