Thursday 31 January 2013

A Month O'Blogging

Hurrah! A month of blogging done. Not exactly sure why I like to blog everyday through January, but there you are. It's been really hard some days to think of anything to post (hello cake photos), some days there's loads I'd like to babble on about. Yesterday you were even graced with two posts. Don't say I don't know how to spoil you, blog.

So, I didn't really think much about making any kind of New Year's Resolution at the beginning of the month and it seems a bit pointless now, especially as NYE feels about 200 years ago already, but I'm a firm believer in making a decisions/changes in your life whenever you need to and just going with it. You don't need the push of a new year to get you going, I say.

With that said, though, I do have a word that I'd like to apply to 2013, one to keep in the back of my mind when planning things out or making decisions, and that is REDUCE. I get way too stressed out if I have too many things going on at once, and it's mainly because I say yes to too much. IT IS OK TO SAY NO. THE WORLD WILL NOT END IF I DON'T DO THIS CRAFT FAIR/BLOG THIS COOL THING/GO OUT THIS WEEKEND.

I also have way too much STUFF. I've made a start already in cutting down my book collection and donating them to others, it's my wardrobe's turn next. Less STUFF around = space to breathe.

Yes, this sounds good. Manageable and useful at the same time. I'll let you know how it goes over the year!

In the meantime, check out this beautiful real time rising of the moon:



Full Moon Silhouettes from Mark Gee on Vimeo.
Full Moon Silhouettes is a real time video of the moon rising over the Mount Victoria Lookout in Wellington, New Zealand. People had gathered up there this night to get the best view possible of the moon rising. I captured the video from 2.1km away on the other side of the city. It's something that I've been wanting to photograph for a long time now, and a lot of planning and failed attempts had taken place. Finally, during moon rise on the 28th January 2013, everything fell into place and I got my footage.
The video is as it came off the memory card and there has been no manipulation whatsoever. Technically it was quite a challenge to get the final result. I shot it on a Canon ID MkIV in video mode with a Canon EF 500mm f/4L and a Canon 2x extender II, giving me the equivalent focal length of 1300mm.

Music - Tenderness by Dan Phillipson : http://premiumbeat.com/royalty_free_music/songs/tenderness

http://markg.com.au
http://facebook.com/markgphoto
http://markg.com.au/2013/01/full-moon-silhouettes/

No comments: