Wednesday 9 January 2013

Happy Birthday London Underground

The London Underground is 150 years old today. Hurrah! To commemorate, Royal Mail have brought out a set of beautiful stamps that makes my inner philatelist very happy:

All images from the Royal Mail website

I love, love, love the Miniature Sheet of classic advertising posters above; I might just have to be a bit sad and go get the Presentation Pack. The posters are always my favourite bit of a visit to the London Transport Museum; I could easily spend hours just looking through them all and not worry about all the other interesting exhibits in there.

As Hubbo works for TfL, we get free entry to the museum, which is a definite perk of the job. Every member of staff was also recently given a free copy of this book, which is HUGE, and a lovely commemorative pin to celebrate the anniversary, which I thought was reet nice of them.

There are some fabulous larger images of the stamps, plus two commemorative coins, here on Creative Review. Check 'em out.

No comments: