Saturday 20 April 2013

Zip It

For the past week, I've been experiencing something strange and foreign to me in recent times. It's been a little unsettling; I've not really known what to do with myself. Yes, I have had some Illustration-Free Time. Blummin' 'eck, has it been nice. No rest for the wicked, though, it's back to the grindstone good and proper come Monday, but this week I've been knitting a little, sewing a tad, and trying to get out in the fresh air a bit more now it finally looks like it might be spring.

Inspired by Lovely Annie saying "Gorn, give it a go", and some fabbo transistor radio-printed linen Lovely Sam gave me last year, plus online tutorials on Craftsy, I finally plucked up enough courage to make a cushion cover WITH A ZIP. This is a big deal; I've always chickened out and just gone for envelope openings in the past. But I threw caution to the wind and Just Did It. It's a little wonky at one end, but for a first go, I'm pretty happy. And it looks fab on my Enormous Chair, too:

First cushion cover with zip. Fabric from @stitch_a_licious, confidence from @upknitcreek

I can also feel smug that using up the fabric is helping my "Reduce" plan for 2013; more on that soon.

No comments: