Sunday 21 July 2013

Gah!

This week I have been mired in the bog of computer woes. On Tuesday, my beloved iMac decided it didn't want to play ball anymore and just went blank. AAAHGHGHGHGHGH!!!!! Although I could still hear it working OK, nothing at all was coming up on the screen, so I booked it in to the Genius Bar at the Apple Store for Friday morning. The very helpful Genius there seemed quite hopeful of a recovery, so with luck the iMac will be back in early this coming week.

And not a moment too soon, either, as not only do I have approaching deadlines, but...wait for it....I've had to use REAL PAPER for my roughs this week. Proper old skooltastic, although there is a frustrating lack of cmd+z.

Actually, it's been quite enjoyable, although having to plug my scanner in to Hubbo's (hawk spit) PC and commandeer his Photoshop to tidy it all up ready to email off, and all the palaver that entails, is not so.

imac-less working

Thankfully good, old iPad is keeping me connected to the outside world and providing me with Google Image Search when late-night sketching.

Fingers crossed for the return of my big screen pal ASAP.....

No comments: